BY Penny Crosman
Artificial intelligence like IBM's Watson may not make bank compliance officers obsolete, but it could mean far fewer of them will be needed in the future, focused on higher-level tasks.
Strong home sales are boosting originations of Federal Housing Administration loans and opening the door for first-time buyers developments that could portend the mortgage insurance agency receiving a positive report from auditors this fall. more »
The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office announced Thursday a lawsuit settlement with U.S. Bank over allegations the banking giant neglected its foreclosed properties in L.A. following the 2007-2008 housing collapse, bringing blight and squalor to some low-income neighborhoods. more »
Mortgage industry hiring and new job appointments for the week ending Sept. 30. more »
Mortgage loan officers keep an eye on the long game, but making a sale is more than the sale; ushering people through the biggest purchase of their lives requires the ability to maintain relationships over time.
- Fannie Mae to Trigger 'Seismic Event' for Underwriting
- Wells Fargo Scandal Exposes Need for Bank Loan Officer Licensing
- FHA Opens Door for 'Spot Approvals' for Condo Loans
- GOP to CFPB: You Don't Deserve Credit for Catching Wells Fargo
- Bucking Trend, SunTrust, Flagstar Stockpile Mortgage Servicing Rights
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording